Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THREE!

Adelyn's birthday is on New Year's Eve, which makes the holiday season even crazier for us.  And thankfully gives us a deadline to get the tree down and get the birthday stuff up.  We decided at the very last minute to brave a friend party for her and decided even more last minute to go with a pink cowgirl theme (mostly because I wanted to make chili).


I was really glad that I did...Adelyn woke up to birthday decorations and was so excited.  Everytime I have made a birthday cake for someone in the past six months she's been hoping it was for her, so she was ecstatic to have it finally happen. I know our hats may look a little Crocodile Dundee, but hey, it was the best we could do on the fly.  Don't be jealous, just go get one for yourself at Wal-Mart for $2.50.


I asked my little brother to take pictures during the party, but I should have been more specific in wanting more posed of all the cute kiddos and less candids of all the chaos.  Several dressed in western duds and looked darling.  Oh well.  We did manage some cute ones of the "cousins" afterward. 


We also forgot to sing and blow out the candles, so here she is doing it during our family dinner party.  What a special girl Adelyn is, who loves pink and princesses, letters and reading, music and dancing.  She entertains me daily and suprises me constantly with her intelligence (ridiculously she often beats me at the Memory game someone gave her). 


A big thanks to all of you who helped make her birthday celebration such an enjoyment for her.

1 comment:

RR said...

I was so tardy for the party!?! I had Liv there, dressed and ready to hide upstairs with Adelyn and Jadyn..ha!