Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Happenings

I think it goes without saying that December is a very busy time of year, so I hope all will excuse for my lack of any recent updates.

We started off the month picking out our tree, which was beautiful and just maybe a little too big for the size of our living room, but I loved it still.


Aaron's mom came down for FHE and helped us decorate.  Note to self and any interested: when inviting others to help decorate your tree: string the lights first.  That part takes just a little more time than the fun it offers in return, especially if you are 3.


 Adelyn's preschool put on a little Christmas program and she was VERY excited for it.  She only wanted to listen to her CD while in the car and kept talking about singing, so I thought I'd show you the difference between her "practice" time:

And then the actual performance.  I'm so glad that we had my family all come to watch!!  But for her first time up "on stage" we weren't too concerned, just entertained.


We also had a fun ward Christmas party, complete with Santa.


And a really fun Elder's Quorum party, complete with Ugly Sweaters.  That Pink Special you see on the right just so happens to have won the contest that night--a gift certificate to Goodwill!


Aaron's brother came into town and before we managed to get him and almost all of Aaron's and my entire families sick with the worst stomach flu we have seen in a long time (a memorable Christmas for sure), they managed to have a great time at the Seahawks Christmas Eve game (despite the ridiculousness of the loss).


Then of course we had Christmas itself, which apparently we took more videos of than pictures, but I won't bore you with more videos.  I loved that we got to go to church Christmas morning and stop right in the middle of opening presents to focus on the birth and life of the Savior.


These pictures got out of order and since I already have wasted too much time trying to arrange and rearrange all the above photos and videos, I will leave them be--anyone else having trouble with the new and "improved" blogspot?!?!

But in addition to all of the special happenings of the Christmas season, December also brought Barett his first taste of real food:


And his first time rolling over.  As he is a bit larger than your average kid (20 lbs at his 4 month check-up), it took him a bit longer than the average four months, but he is rolling like a champ now and it's quite entertaining to watch the little chunk move around.


Man I love my kids and my family and am grateful that we had a great holiday season this year and were able to spend so much time together.  Now on to the new year and it's resolutions!!!

3 comments:

Odd Family said...

You seriously have some CUTE kids!!! And those ugly sweater outfits were hideous!! Oh my, you cant get better than a skirt with tennis shoes. Cracking up!!

RR said...

I love the kids together..

I love chubby babies..too cute!

Coleman Family said...

They are such an adorable brother and sister! And I'm so sad we missed the ugly sweater party, I have the most hideous one in my closet right now...don't ask... ;)