Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ONE!

December 31, 2008, Adelyn Mei Anderson was born. 8 lbs 14 oz, 20 inches. Here is what she looked like when we brought her home from the hospital:




December 31, 2009 she turned one...not quite sure her current stats since she was too sick for her one-year well visit, but we know she's a cutie! Here she is in her $5 ride at the mall...loving every minute of it.

It's been a busy year for us, but a good year and we are so happy to have her in our family. Those of you who are around here know she has quite a little personality. She is very expressive and lets you know loud and clear what she wants, often times just with her face (I'm sure you can guess what happened to this crown right after the picture was taken).

She has been busy adding vocab (and nodding) to her expressions and can say: dada, momma, bye-bye, hi, water, cracker, banana, cheese, hot, dog, go, outside, up, down, sock, and book (my personal favorite). Reading is by far her favorite pasttime, but I think dancing to the ringtones on my phone is a close second. She loves music so much that she even dances to the songs that we sing for her and has recently added headbanging to her repetoire of moves!

She is still working on the walking thing, but is getting braver and braver and now takes up to five or so steps at a time. Here she is blowing out her candles, well, Jadyn blowing out her candles is more like it!

I made carrot cake cupcakes for Adelyn since that is the Baria family favorite and I figured I should indoctrinate her early on. Sadly, I think she would have been a lot happier with the traditional chocolate, as she didn't even finish one little cupcake!!

She is indeed a big fan of chocolate, but her favorite food is definitely bananas. She isn't digging cow's milk so far and last night we discovered she has a love of tofu, so maybe she IS half Chinese after all! Pretty much she just loves whatever we are eating, and wants to be just like us--she even cried and cried to have her own chopsticks to eat. She is also still working on the teeth though and finally almost has four.


Thanks to all those who helped us celebrate...including those who helped us celebrate from a distance. And thanks to all who have helped us out along the adventures...with advice, babysitting, friendship, support, praising her genius and cuteness...it all contributes to our happy standard of living. :)

10 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

I love the crown picture. That was a great face to catch on camera. Happy Birthday Adelyn!

Coleman Family said...

Oh that little punkin' pie! We are sooooo sad we missed her party! Emma mentioned it just yesterday and said she wants you to have another one so we can come over! So there you go! We do need to have you over so we can give loves to our fav little one year old!!!

Odd Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't believe she is saying all those words at one! Impressive!! I dont like those evite things because I look at them once and think to myself, I will look at my calendar and get back to it....and I forget all about the whole thing. I am lame! Sorry we missed that super fun party! I'll make it up to her when she turns 2.:)

Heather said...

she is such a doll!! happy first birthday! i think she talks better than my 2 year old! :)

The Browns said...

What a cutie. I can't believe she is a year already. Congrats on such a cute kid!
Kristen

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Happy 1st Birthday Adelyn!! Looks like such a great birthday party!! I wish we could have been there;) She is such a cutie pie!

Kristine and Philip said...

What a cutie! I can't believe Adelyn is one year old already! She's pretty lucky to have such great parents! Fun to have you all here for the caroling party this year. Love, Kris & Phil

RR said...

We are so glad to celebrate with ya'll! Greg (brother)and I have considered giving Olivia the middle name of Baria ya know. As Jadyn tells us Olivia is a cousin too!!

Happy Birthday Adelyn!

O said...

Hey, you have a cute kid. You probably don't know me but I'm Rebecca's husband, Rebecca Lu from Gang Shan, Taiwan. We've been wondering how to get a hold of you. Drop me a line to get a hold of me. ldsdave@gmail.com. Sorry I hijacked this thread, we couldn't find any email address or anything to get in touch with you.
David & Rebecca Post

Lindsey from The R House said...

love those cupcakes and love the cupcake stand.

did you use different width candles? i love that idea!