Thursday, April 25, 2013

Woodland Park Zoo

We got a great deal on a zoo pass last year thanks to Krista, so before it expired we figured we ought to use it one last time.  Aaron hadn't gone with us up there before and I thought he would get a kick out of Barett's reactions to the animals.  


Apparently I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I had, but I just had to share these lion cubs.  I had never seen any lion cubs in person, especially not this close.  They were playing right up next to the glass.  The kids of course were fascinated, but so were Aaron and I.  Look how big their paws are!!  We had trouble tearing ourselves away, but the crowd was so huge in this exhibit we figured we ought to give the others a chance to see too.


Lions are definitely one of Barett's favorite animals, but his number one favorite would have to be birds.  In fact, his first word besides Mom, Dad, more, hi, and bye, was duck.  He actually just said it for the first time the week that we went to the zoo.  


Typically he prefers grunting to speaking, but he was so excited about all the different kinds of birds we saw at the zoo, that he shouted "duck" every time he saw one: emus, eagles, crows, anything.


His other new favorite thing to do is watching TV/movies.  Is it bad to like when they get into that??  I know supposedly they are not supposed to have "screen time" before two, but seriously, he loves it so much.  This particular time he went into the family room at my parents' house, grabbed their binder of kids DVDs, turned it to Rio, grunted and pointed at it until my dad turned it on for him.  And obviously we couldn't tear him away.


I have uploaded lots more pictures from Easter and our trip to Idaho, so get ready for another fun post soon!

1 comment:

RR said...

Barett is such a crack up!
I may have to give him all the larabars. My kids won't eat them anymore..