Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring is in the Air???

It has been a year of crazy weather, as it always seems to be lately, but we do our best to roll with the punches. Though the following pics are all of Spring Excursions, they were all wet wet days. Nevertheless we had fun!

My sister works for the Parks and Rec department in charge of the Annual Easter Egg Dash, and this year Adelyn was big enough to participate. She didn't really understand what was going on at first (and may have been slightly disoriented by our mad dash from the car to make it to the real Dash before all the eggs were gone), but as she loves carrying around baskets and filling them with random things, she started getting into it pretty quickly.





Then the day got all the more exciting when she spotted the giant "buddy." For those of you who see her regularly, you know she is attached at the hip to her own stuffed bunny, so you can imagine her reaction to seeing such a giant cuddly one!



The next week my grandparents came in to town so that my grandpa and sister could celebrate the birthday that they share 70 years apart. I think it's very sweet that my grandpa will always make the effort for them to celebrate together. I didn't get the actual party, just our adventures the next day. We first went to the Flight Museum which somehow I had never been to in all my years of living here.



Then we went to the Tulip Festival up in Skagit Valley.



We really had a hard time keeping Adelyn from pulling all the flowers out of the ground!!



So pretty!!

I also love my grandpa for springing for the ever enticing smelling Kettle Korn that I am too cheap to buy!! He told me I had to help him finish it if I cared anything about his health. :) I chose to be the caring granddaughter and help of course!


We took cover from the rain at the restaurant where my sister waitresses. Adelyn is very independent already and wants to eat like the big folks. She did not want to eat the pieces of pizza that I cut up for her nicely on her plate...she grabbed a whole piece off the pan and went to town! She is a little nut and I love it!!


Obviously it took a lot out of her!


6 comments:

Coleman Family said...

How fun! I love that either you are always traveling to see family or they are coming to see you! It's so important to stay connected even when we grow up! Your grandpa sounds darling! :)

Heather said...

love the tulip festival. you are always doing such fun things... you need to be my travel guide!!! :)

RR said...

love the pictures..

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Wow- I love the tulip festival- soo pretty!
Adelyn looks like she had a Blast at the easter egg hutn!

RR said...

Any pictures from Vegas?

RR said...

Any Vegas pictures?