Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Surprise Belated Valentine's

I think I said in one of my last posts that we spent our first Valentine's Day as a married couple thousands of miles apart. Terrible, I know. To make up for it, Aaron planned us a surprise retreat to Salish Lodge, Seattle's Resort and Spa upon my return from my marathon trip. For those of you not from the area, it is actually just east of Seattle, sitting atop Snoqualmie Falls. You know we have a thing for waterfalls, so this was the perfect place to take a much needed break from work and just spend some time together. We had fantastic weather and the place was beautiful; I recommend it for all looking for a nice little getaway. The food was amazing, the service excellent, and we had our own wood-burning fireplace in our room. Just be careful when you go up to the spa--if you sit next to the mini-waterfall it just might put you in a near unconcious state and you could almost miss your dinner reservation!!

2 comments:

Molly Gehring said...

Hi Becca and Aaron. I'm so happy to see your blog and catch up on your happenings. You guys look like you have had lot of fun travels and adventures.

Stefan and I have eaten at the salish lodge a few times, but never stayed there. I have always wanted to.

Becca said...

Molly!!! Great to see you are alive. We were in UP the other day and I was thinking about you. Hope pregnant life is good. So are you guys still into American Idol?