Sunday, March 25, 2012

Elephants and Cousins

Those who know me best would put it mildly to say I am not super into animals.  I can't really tell you why, but I want to blame it on my super-heightened sense of smell that is very closely tied to my gag-reflux I imagine.  I think many of them are beautiful and amazing creations...mostly to be admired at a distance where I can't smell them.

So when Aaron throws out his random what-if scenarios that if he had told me when we were dating that he wanted to go back to being a farmer would I still marry him, I say definitely not.  That's how I feel about the animal smell.  


Yet I have to say that I am willing to put that aside in temporary moments because my daughter (as most kids I think) LOVES animals.  So when we had some randomly and unbelievably sunny days a couple weeks ago, we decided to call up my sister-in-law and head to the zoo with the cousin and cousin-in-embryo.


The girls had a fabulous time, as did Barett whenever I took him out of his stroller to check things out.  He did not like me keeping him in there while walking between exhibits, but he's over 23 pounds and I just don't think I'd make it around the whole zoo!


A big thanks to Emileigh (and Krista before her and Krista's friend before her) who told us about this great deal that gets you into the Point Defiance and Woodland Park Zoos for free!!


And just as a bonus, because I couldn't resist, here is a little video of Adelyn's famous methods for showing her approval of the food she's eating.  Hope all you who live far away and haven't had the pleasure of hearing it first hand get a kick out of it.  I don't blame her though, those Panda Puffs ARE pretty awesome!


3 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Nice! Funny how that spreads, Becca told me about that amazing deal! Steal! And your kids are just to die for cute...Barrett has the best smile!

RR said...

what deal?

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Nice! What a fun time at the zoo! And I LOVED listening to A eat her cereal. We were totally cracking up because Matthew does the exact same thing. He gets into his zone and does the same little humming sound. LOVE it! And I cant believe Barrett is already crawling! But I dont want him to crawl his rolls off! He needs to keep those on so I can squeeze them when we get back! Glad you guys are doing well! Miss you all!