Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tis the Season of Pumpkins

I am sure we all know that this coming Saturday is Halloween and I am sure we have all been busy gearing up for this holiday season. Traditionally, summer is my favorite time of the year and I absolutely loathe its departure (I do live in the Pacific Northwest after all, can you blame me? I love sunshine!!). However, this year I have strangely been enjoying fall immensely.

That of course is aided by my love for EATING all things pumpkin, kicking that off with some ymmy pancakes. But now that we have a little one, we have been doing a little more with pumpkins than eating them. My sister does a pumpkin painting activity every year, so Adelyn and I joined her for that.



Then we went to a local pumpkin patch, which was a first for all three of us. It was an unseasonably warm and beautiful October Saturday, so we, along with the rest of the town it seemed, took advantage of it.







We finished off the week with some yummy pumpkin cheesecake muffins. I wish I could find the recipe online, but my sister brought it to me from her Rachel Ray Everyday Magazine. I suppose I will have to end it with something from last year's fall that was another pumpkin cheesecake twist. Hope you are all enjoying the season too!

6 comments:

Coleman Family said...

I love Fall too! It's so cozy and has the best smells AND food! Aren't pumpkin patches so fun? And you get to take Adelyn, so much more fun with her!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Look slike you guys had soo much fun!!! Great Pics- Adelyn looks adorable!

RR said...

I expect at least once over the weekend to run into someone in your family, usually it's your dad!

RR said...

pumpkin cupcakes..DEVINE!

RR said...

So I found this pumpkin scone with maple/hazelnut frosting..So delicious..Can you recreate?..Thanks! Picture maple bar meets pumpkin scone from Starbucks. Can Kathryn get a recipe for it?

I posted a picture of it on my blog. You're Awesome!

Molly Gehring said...

Becca. thank you for your thoughts on my computer. Stefan figured that process out yesterday talking to some computer guy. I have been guarding the hard drive with my life making sure the girls don't get ahold of. You are so sweet to have looked into that for me. It is just never a good time to have you computer die. what a hastle.

hope you guys are doing well. Adelyn looks so cute. I ran into leslie miller the other day and had a good time remebering the good old days. Miss you.